DANCE & CLASSICAL / SUFI MUSIC : Legends of India presents "Sangeet Mahotsav" by Eminent Artists at Kamani Auditorium - 23rd to 25th May 08
Advertisement (BT) :
- Entry : For Invitation, contact :-
- Ms. Krishna Bhadra, Secretary, Legends of India, J- 1824, ( LGF ), Chittaranjan Park, New Delhi – 110 019 Ph : 011-26270629
- Event Details : 10th Anniversary celebration 'Sangeet Mahotsav' by Legends of India.
- 22nd May : Shri Tejendra Khanna, Hon'ble Lt. Governor, Delhi shall confer the ‘Legends of India Lifetime Achievement Award’ for Sangeet on the eve of the festival on May 22, 2008 at New Delhi. A selection committee comprising Shri Soli J Sorabjee Shri Pavan Varma, Shri Lalit Mansingh, Shri K.P. Singh Deo, Shri Madhup Mudgal, Ms. Shanta Serbjeet Singh, Dr. Krishna Bisht, Dr. Varsha Das, Mr. A Ramachandran, Dr. Yamini Krishnamurthy and Prof. Rupen Guha Majumdar shall select the awardees for Music & Dance – 2008.
- 23rd May : Santoor by Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharma
- 24th May : Pt. Rajan & Sajan Mishra with Ritesh & Rajnish Mishr
- 25th May : Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- The celebrations have already started with a two-day Nava Barsho Music Festival in Kolkata, which featured Shubha Mudgal and Pandit Shivkumar Sharma along with young talents like Mita Nag and Brajeshwar Mukherjee. It was a rare treat for the Kolkata audience. The hall was filled to capacity and the appreciative audience listened spellbound to the scintillating performances.
- The program in Delhi will be followed by a Fine Arts Festival in Kolkata to mark the launch of the new ICCR Gallery. More than forty eminent artists will present works created specially for this occasion. These include paintings as well as plastic arts.
- The celebrations will continue through the year from Kolkata to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Konark, Jaipur, Cochin, Dehradun, Varanasi and Chandigarh.
- “Legends of India wanted to bring art forms out from their esoteric niches into the popular domain.” said Dipayan Mazumdar, Founder, LOI.
- Supported by : ICCR
- About Legends of India : Legends of India ( LOI ) is, perhaps, the only organization of its kind in India. Launched ten years ago, in 1998, by two enterprising individuals, Dipayan Mazumdar and Krishna Bhadra, it was soon converted to a non-profit Society and is today recognized as one of the most prestigious art events in the country by artists and art lovers.
- Click here to Read More about 'Legends of India'
- Place : Kamani Auditorium, Copernicus Marg, Mandi House, New Delhi-110001
- Nearest Delhi Metro Rail Station : Walking Distance from Mandi House Metro Station which Comes Under Line 3 ( Indraprastha - Barakhamba Road - Dwarka )
- Click here for more events at Kamani Auditorium
- Click here to Know more about Kamani Auditorium
DANCE & CLASSICAL / SUFI MUSIC : Legends of India presents "Sangeet Mahotsav" by Eminent Artists at Kamani Auditorium - 23rd to 25th May 08 Reviewed by Rohit Malik on 05:22 Rating: