PAINTING & DRAWING EXHIBITION "The Monsoon Chapter 2" as part of Red Earth's Festival at Tranvancore Palace - 17th to 22nd August, 2007
Advertisement (BT) :
- Exhibition Info : Abstraction
- Monsoon Objects
- Flora and Fauna
- Gods and Humans
- The Body
- The City
- The second edition of the visual exhibition aims to foreground the experience of Monsoon in a range of genres of painting/photography and themes, as listed above.
- The idea is to create a narrative as grand as the multi-sensory, multi-hued and complex experiences of the monsoon by having a meta-show with several small sub-shows that reflect the monsoon as experienced by the whole spectrum of life: nature, humans, animals, and even inanimate entities, and complex gestalts like the city. The effort is to draw a virtual map of the monsoon, by pinning down and alluding to as many experiences possible in this season of grandeur. If the monsoon is a plethora of awakenings, experiences, emotions, and reactions, then the Monsoon Chapter is a humble tribute to the romance of the monsoon in its ambitions to be not a chapter but a tome of Monsoon. A veritable explosion of all things monsoon – what happens, what is said, what is sung, what is done, what is consumed, what is felt... A visual exhibition that aims to capture as much as possible of this season of plenty and bounty.
- Aditya Pande, Anjana Mehra, Anu Agarwal, Arjuna, Bindu Mehra, D. Vaikuntham Nakkash, Devan Madangarly, Farhad Hussain, Gagan Singh, Jehangir Jani, Jenson Anto, Kapil Sharma, Karma Palzor Bhutia, Khangarot Samdar Singh Sagar, Kiyomi Talaulicar, Kripal Singh Shekawat, Manil Gupta, Mukesh, Nitin Mukul, O.P. Sharma, Pratul Dash, Rajendra Kapse, Ramesh Gorjala, Renu Rao, Rohini Singh, Sanjeev Sonpimpare, Santana Gohain, Satish Gupta, Sheetal Gattani, Shuvaprasanna, Sidharth, Sonali Biswas, Stephan Weitzel, Tanmoy Samanta, Tanuja Rane, Tapan Dash, Tauseef Mian, Viraj Naik, Vivek Sharma, Yogesh Rawal.
- Place : Tranvancore Art Gallery, Travancore Palace, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 1
- 5 - 10 min. commute time in Cycle Ricksaw from Mandi House Metro Station & Barakhamba Metro Station - Comes Under Line 3 ( Indraprastha - Barakhamba Road - Dwarka )
- Main Event : FAIR - Red Earth presents "The Monsoon Festival 2" at Different Venues - 16th to 22nd August, 2007
PAINTING & DRAWING EXHIBITION "The Monsoon Chapter 2" as part of Red Earth's Festival at Tranvancore Palace - 17th to 22nd August, 2007 Reviewed by Rohit Malik on 05:10 Rating: